Everyone, RUN, don't walk, RUN! The year's most important sale is here - Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. I always get super excited whenever this time of the year is here. All the sale merchandise is actually from the next season, so you can get your Fall/Winter wardrobe here at a discount. If you are a Nordstrom card holder, you will also get double points for the first few days of the sale.
Here are some of the things I would pay attention to -
- Tory Burch boots that were sold out during the presale but now it is available online. (*edit* Just saw that the Tory Burch boots are sold out, but if you really want it, keep checking on it. I have noticed that a lot of people return stuff later and it pops back up online or in-store.
- Other great boots, Steve Madden, Fergie, and Frye. I got these Steve Madden Lindley Boots, which has a purple zipper in the back that I love.
- A few very cute Marc by Marc Jacobs bags.
- Basic Men's shoes like loafers (Cole Haan, Ferragamo).
- Socks, I know that's silly, but I buy a bunch of socks every year. They have some very cute over-the-knee socks that look cute peeking out of boots. I got these last year and wore them a lot. I ordered another three pairs this time.
- Flats for work, a pair of Joan and David pumps that I am very tempted to buy but hubby would give me the, "don't you have enough shoes already?" talk.
- Basic layering shirts from Caslon and Rubbish.
- Men's shirts - the Nordstrom Smartcare shirts are great work shirts for a pretty good price.
- Clarisonic sets - I keep hearing how great it is, so I have decided to take the plunge and give it a try!
Conclusion: I have to admit that I am not as excited this year about it, since the clothing selection is mediocre, but there ARE some good gems if you look carefully. I hope this will help you with finding some good items.
What did YOU buy?